Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:57:12 -0700

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 7:46 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I really think this is going completely overboard.  We don't need to plaster
> the string 'nmh' on every last piece of text.

I will also note we already put an 'nmh' property stamp into the footer of
every nmh-related manpage:

  .TH NMH %manext7% "December 15, 2016" "%nmhversion%

That last field of the .TH macro prints in the manpage footer.  E.g., from
nmh(7):

       To find out what version of an nmh program is  being  run,  invoke  the
       program  with the -version switch.  This prints the version of nmh, the
       host it was compiled on, and the date the program was linked.

       Send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden

  nmh-1.6+dev                     April 21, 2014                          NMH(7)