Re: [Nmh-workers] A suggestion for mh-alias.man

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] A suggestion for mh-alias.man
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:54:01 +0000

Hi Larry,

> (I have no idea to what "In match, a trailing "*" on an alias will
> match just about anything appropriate." applies. I actually don't know
> what it means, either.)

I've not used it before.

    $ printf 'foo*: bar\n' | ali -alias /dev/stdin -list
    foo*: bar
    $ printf 'foo*: bar\n' | ali -alias /dev/stdin fee foo fooxyzzy FOOBAR
    fee
    bar
    bar
    bar
    $

In perusing the source and spotting the case-insensitiveness of that
last FOOBAR example, I realised

    $ printf 'f^o: bar\n' | ali -alias /dev/stdin foo f~o
    foo
    bar
    $

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy