Re: [Nmh-workers] help me out with mime/base64/gpg please

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] help me out with mime/base64/gpg please
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 15:31:27 +0000

Hi Ken,

> normally for encrypted email you'd need to enter in your password to
> unlock your private key and we don't really have a good mechanism for
> that currently.

There's a gpg-agent(1);  it's kicked off as needed by gpg(1) these days
AIUI.  I've not used it, but I assume it works similarly to ssh-agent in
that you ssh-add(1) a key once, authenticating, and it dishes out the
necessary as and when.  That's how us cool kids SSH willy-nilly about
the Internets without entering passwords.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy