Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft

From: Laura Creighton
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:07:59 +0100

In a message of Mon, 02 Jan 2017 14:59:02 -0500, Ken Hornstein writes:
>>I checked.  Yes, he did receive a digest at about minight my time.
>>So, yeah, that was happening at that time.  I still think that 'found
>>an error trying to send something --> SAVE THAT DRAFT!!' would be a good
>>thing to have.
>
>Perhaps we didn't explain it very well, but nmh _does_ that.  But if one of
>the nmh programs crash (which maybe happened because something messed up the
>draft file?) then we don't really have the opportunity to do anything at
>that point.
>
>--Ken

But I am correct that nmh saved the file as something that I could have
overwritten later using a comp, reply or something like that?  What I was
suggesting was that, at the point where send (I think) failed, it would
be good if nmh made a super-special copy of the draft which, due to its
naming wasn't going to be overwritten.  Am I asking for the impossible?

Laura