Re: [Nmh-workers] Unexpected munging of outgoing message with nmh 1.6

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Unexpected munging of outgoing message with nmh 1.6
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 21:25:49 +0000

Hi Ken,

> You know, just out loud ... it wouldn't surprise me if it only happens
> with lines that start with "#"; I bet even though directives are
> turned off, it's seeing a backslash as the directive line continuation
> character.

Indeedy.  But presumably Tom is running with -nodirectives or uses an
`#off' in his draft?

    $ cat in
    before
    #define FOO \
        bar \
        xyzzy
    after
    $
    $ mhbuild - <in
    mhbuild: unknown directive "#define"
    $
    $ mhbuild -nodirectives - <in

    #define FOO     bar     xyzzy
    after

`before' goes AWOL too, but perhaps that's expected.