Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: William Hay
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:03:07 +0100

Thus spake David Levine:
> William wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer a seen sequence to an unseen sequence as this would let
> > an MDA deliver directly into an nmh folder without needing to update
> > the .mh_sequences file.
>
> So would rcvstore -nounseen, can you use that?

That wouldn't allow me to tell the difference between messages I'd read and
newly
delivered messages.

> > Possibly implemented by checking the specified unseen sequence for
> > the presence of the Sequence-negation prefix and behaving
> > appropriately (FX: waves hands vigorously).
>
> I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  Do you want the
> unseen sequence to be maintained?

I'd like to be able to distinguish between seen and unseen messages without
requiring the MDA to update the .mh_sequence file.  If the sequence was a list
of messages that were read rather than unread then only the interactive
mh commands would need to muck with it thereby avoiding a need for the MDA
to lock the .mh_sequence file.

William