Re: [Nmh-workers] TLS certificate validation

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] TLS certificate validation
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 16:59:01 +0100

Hi Jeff,

> What would be good to find is a script that can do an audit of a
> system's ca-certificates and list any that have been revoked or have
> expired and run this on our build servers.

Go has a good set of crypto stuff in its standard library, done by
Google's Adam Langley who's one of their top TLS guys, so I thought I'd
find a command-line program that used that to do what you suggest, but
couldn't.

I did find

https://raymii.org/s/articles/OpenSSL_manually_verify_a_certificate_against_a_CRL.html

https://raymii.org/s/articles/OpenSSL_Manually_Verify_a_certificate_against_an_OCSP.html

that show how to use OpenSSL's command line.  Many *.pem here don't have
OCSP, and many don't give a CRL URI, which is a bit rum.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy