Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:21:46 +0100

I wrote:
> Consisdering very long-term users, and new users,

I meant to mention a barmy idea about dropping a "welcome" email on the
unsuspecting.  I think things like Gmail do this and understand
"onboarding" is the vulgar vernacular.

It could point them at nmh(7), the web site for news of releases, and
the mailing list for support as well as bugs and suggestions.  But when
to create it?  On creating +inbox?  There's going to be someone using
nmh in scripts that creates +inbox every hour that gets caught out.

A similar thing, but on a new release with essentially the NEWS of
changes?  We could track whether they've had the welcome, and 1.6's
NEWS, in ~/mail, and the above scripter could block them all by creating
a file or setting an option.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy