Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh + fdm

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh + fdm
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:12:57 -0400

>If I change the fdm rule as suggested by Anthony Bentley then scan and show
>work, but inc still claims there is no mail to incorporate:
>
>    match all action pipe "/usr/lib64/nmh/rcvstore +new"

I think perhaps you aren't understanding everyone's role.

inc(1)s job is to takes messages from a maildrop (traditional Unix
spool file, POP server, or Maildir drop) and pull them into an MH
folder.

rcvstore(1)s job is to take a message on standard input and store it
into a MH folder.

The big difference between the two programs is inc is designed to be
run by a human, and rcvstore is designed to be run by another program.

So yes, since you're receiving a message via rcvstore and not storing
it into a maildrop, inc would say there were no messages, because there
were not any messages in your local maildrop.