Re: [Nmh-workers] Local submission queues

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Local submission queues
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 17:46:43 -0800

> On Feb 21, 2016, at 5:27 PM, Bob Carragher <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> What would work well for me would be a setup where I can have
> "queue processing" settings -- e.g. by default always queue
> messages and wait for Bob to invoke 'mhsubmit' (and then keep
> [re]trying until all are successfully sent) -- that can be
> overridden in the existing commands (e.g. in addition to the
> "send" option you have a new "send_right_now_i_mean_it" option).

And it is this level of feeping creaturism that has kept me from proposing this
before.

It has to be as simple and as stupid as "submit."  We can already do the rest
using locally tailored scripts.

We need:

  mhqueue <msg>
  mhqueue -push
  mhqueue -list
  mhqueue -remove msg [...]

This all assumes a single submission point, just like we have now.

The first queues a message, then tries to run the queue. The second just tries
to run the queue.  It really doesn't need to be any more complicated.

--lyndon