Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:10:47 -0700

On Mar 23, 2015, at 7:04 PM, Andy Bradford <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I  see slow  downs when  running exmh  over DSL  and scanning  a large
>> folder. I'm  not sure why. It's  quite a bit faster  when running exmh
>> locally for the same large folder.

As in running exmh on the remote system with DISPLAY exported across the
network?  In that case, you are shipping every pixel change in that window over
the internet.  While it's no longer January, that's still slow as molasses.

(As is running any X program across a network connection with a latency > 1ms.)