Re: [Nmh-workers] MH FAQ update

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MH FAQ update
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:10:54 -0500

>The original content of the FAQ came from the comp.mail.mh newsgroup. I
>haven't had access to that for years, which is the main reason we
>haven't had a FAQ update in a long time. Does it still exist? If so, is
>there traffic, and is there an email gateway?

Ralph already answered you, but other than the FAQ and spam, the last
actual on-topic post on the newsgroup was in April.  Before that,
the last on-topic post was in 2012 (and Jerry Heyman was nice enough to
redirect the person to the mailing list).

>As I was reacquainting myself with the FAQ, my first reaction was to
>remove all of the obsolete text, or references to sites that were no
>longer available. However, I thought better of it. This document
>encapsulates the long history of MH. What do you think?

I believe that an FAQ should reflect the most up-to-date information
available.  I think questions like, "Why does inc hang on a Sun?", should
totally be deleted.  Also, I think a number of URLs (like to additional
software) are stale.  Maybe take a look at every question that has a date
before 2008 and think about deleting it?  Okay, yeah, that's probably
most of them.  But still, there's a lot of stale stuff in there.