Re: [Nmh-workers] Help! Beginning of Messages snipped off

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Help! Beginning of Messages snipped off
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:10:11 -0500

>I am having a problem with one one particular correspondent. When I reply
>to his messages, the beginning of the body of my messages is snipped off.
>
>As an example, I am attaching:
>
>[...]
>       preSend: My draft before I sent it.
>       afterSend: What get sent

These two ... do not seem to line up?  Specifically, "afterSend" contains
lines that do not appear in preSend:

This is line 4 of my reply.
This is line 5 of my reply.

I'm willing to believe we might be eating lines somewhere, but I have a
hard time believing we're inserting them :-)

I will note preSend contains a bunch of NUL characters on the last line;
we probably do poorly with that (and are not valid in email).  Also,
there seems to be some character set conversion that happened along the
way; the outgoing draft (preSend) looks like it's in windows-1252 rather
than the final message which is in UTF-8. mhbuild won't do that (it
assumes the character set is correct) so I think something else had it's
hands on "preSend" before nmh's "send" got ahold of it.