Re: [Nmh-workers] iCalendar support

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] iCalendar support
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:10:38 -0500

>> Okay, you're going to (fairly) point out this makes things harder.
>> I can't disagree with that.  It's just ... we're starting to now
>> grapple with some truely hard problems, like how exactly a MIME
>> reply is supposed to work.  This is something a lot of MUAs don't
>> deal with very well.  I think we owe it to ourselves to try to get
>> it right.
>
>I'm not sure what "right" is here.  Can we have a cleaner
>interface to accept a calendar request than what's on phones
>now?  No, clicking on "accept" is as simple as it can get.
>As a user, I'd be happy to use repl or some shell alias to do
>it.

I was more thinking about preserving MH's historic flexibility.  I guess
my point was I'd prefer something like this (all are aliases to 'repl')

calaccept: -typearg text/calendar accept
calreject: -typearg text/calendar reject

Rather than:

calaccept: -calendar accept
calreject: -calendar reject

Does that make sense?  I don't really like the name 'typearg', I was just
trying to make the point that I'd like the options to repl be able to be
used for any MIME type.