Re: [Nmh-workers] pick nit

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] pick nit
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 04:20:01 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:57:00 -0400
    From:        Jerrad Pierce <address@hidden>

  | I recently discovered what seems to be a wart in pick,
  | it resets Previous-Sequence to *all*. It does not set
  | it to match the returned results, nor does it leave the
  | sequence unmoleated.

I think you're not understanding what Previous-Sequence does - the
sequence(s) named is(are) set to the *input* message list of an nmh command
(whatever that might be).  If you just run "pick" (with no messages
as args) then "all" is the default, and the Previous-Sequence sequence(s)
would get set to all.   So it would is you just run "scan", or any other
command which defaults to "all" as the message list when given no messages.

You don't see that when you run
        scan `pick`
as while pick still does exactly that, as soon as it is done, scan runs,
and sets the same sequence(s) to the args it was given, that is, to the
output of pick.

kre