Re: [Nmh-workers] I need to learn more about MIME

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I need to learn more about MIME
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:43:27 -0400

>The problem was that, for reasons I do not remember, Chart.pj had Microsoft
>line endings and your "blanks", above includes '\r', and probably other white
>space. Confession: It took me an hour to figure that out.

As an aside ... I'm not quite sure what happens if we have a file with
CR LF line endings that is text content.  It looks like ... it will
count the last character as a space (since '\r' counts as a space with
isspace()) and will be marked as needing quoted-printable encoding.  And
\r will be encoded by the quoted-printable encoder.  That might end up on
the receiving MUA as lines be delimited by CR CR LF.  I am unclear if
we can do better; it seems that in this situation there are no good
answers.