Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:18:36 +0100

Hi Jon,

> I think that people should have to flip a switch to get the new
> behavior.  Avoids the "breaking things" surprises.

How about the opposite of Python's `from future import ...'?  Have a
~/.mh_profile entry like `old-fogey' or `stuck-in-1989' as a global
decision maker when code changes to support both old and new ways.
Wouldn't help when the code to support `old' is being discarded because
keeping both isn't practical, but for the smaller choices of defaults,
etc., you could set the flag once and then forget about it?