Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:48:38 -0400

Ken wrote:

> >[Bill wrote:]
> >Does anyone know if Exchange is capable of emitting ICS attachments and
> >this is just a setting I can ask our calendar admins to tweak?
>
> That, I do not know.  I'm not part of the Exchange realm, so it may be
> because the Exchange server in question knows I'm an external user, so it
> always sends me a text/calendar part.

Our Exchange server always sends me the text/calendar part,
and I'm an internal user.  So maybe there is a setting to force
it to always send it.

> >> It's actually called "googlecl"; I took a look at it, and it doesn't take
> >> an iCalendar file directly, unfortunately.
> >
> >But, we'd be able to parse and pass in the fields directly?
>
> Weeeelll ... maybe?  I mean, parsing the text/calendar file isn't a
> problem.

See docs/README-iCalendar for what I do.  It uses calcurse.
The valuable part is that it shows the appt date/time when I
mhshow the message.

It is very clunky and sometimes responses don't work, so I
usually don't use them.  Some day I'll get around to looking
into all that.  But it won't be soon in case anyone wants to
dig in.