Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:03:34 -0400

Ken wrote:

> >What about this for $200? attach '/tmp/foo bar.pdf'
>
> That works!  But I realize I now remember my real problem; tab-completion
> via readline() fills in /tmp/foo bar.pdf without any shell quoting; I
> think we need to be smarter there.

If you insert a single quote before hitting tab, readline will
quote the entire string.

I think there's a limit on how much we want to do here.  Our
quoting support is already messy enough.

And I noticed that readline has its limits, too:  it won't list
possible completions after passing the space.  It does from a bash
shell prompt, though (maybe bash helps it out?).