Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:58:11 -0400

>I manually put them into my Google calendar, so it would be nice to
>support that.

Wow, you parse it out by hand?  You're more dedicated than I am.

I noticed that if I make sure the file suffix is .ics and I open(1) it
on MacOS X, it gets incorporated into Calendar and makes it way into
the cloud.  So that works out alright; we just need to figure out a way
to reply to calendar requests that let you do something sensible.

>So, we'd want some of way of associating the different calendar actions
>(add, remove, update) with commands. I recently read about googlecli
>program that was used to update picasaweb; given the name, I guess it
>can be used for accessing the calendar as well.

It's actually called "googlecl"; I took a look at it, and it doesn't take
an iCalendar file directly, unfortunately.