Re: [Nmh-workers] odd 1.6 behavior

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] odd 1.6 behavior
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 19:12:10 -0700

Ken Hornstein writes:
> >Don't know if this is a bug or a feature.  But it used to work and now
> >it doesn't.
> >[...]
>
> Jon, do you ever read the release notes, or the mailing list, or heck,
> even the mhshow man page?  I only ask because we had a giant discussion
> about all of this, and there basically zero objections to the behavior
> change.
>
> I think mhshow(1) should have the details; you probably want the -notextonly
> flags (maybe with -noinlineonly).
>
> And I admit that I am completely surprised that a) people still email .wav
> files around and b) anyone would ever want them to play by default.
>
> --Ken

Well no, I didn't read the release notes 'cause I haven't had time to follow
this and it just broke with a package upgrade.  105 packages were upgraded
today and I can't reade the release notes on all of them and get anything
else done.

My VOIP provider emails voicemails that way and I do want to play them by
default.

What problem were you solving by breaking this?

Jon