Re: [Nmh-workers] wishlist item for 1.7: better configurability for smtp

From: heymanj
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] wishlist item for 1.7: better configurability for smtp port
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:17:40 -0400

On 25 June 2014 at 18:51, Alexander Zangerl <address@hidden>wrote:

> mts.conf lets one select which smtp server(s) to use for
> mail submission, but there's no convenient way of selecting
> port 587 instead of 25.

I'm curious, how one would then pass the necessary userid/pw combination.

> it would be great if one could set the port with the server entry,
> e.g. servers: this.one:587

I have postfix configured to connect to my ISP on port 587, with nmh
(and mts.conf) configured to send using local mail.

> regards
> az

jerry

> --
> Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 0xB963BD5F (or 0x42BD645D) + http://snafu.priv.at
/
> I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.

     // Jerry Heyman               | We are all born ignorant, but
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | one must work hard to remain stupid
\\ //   heymanj at acm dot org     | -- Benjamin Franklin
 \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com|