Re: [Nmh-workers] Selecting headers for mhshow to display

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Selecting headers for mhshow to display
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 08:16:55 -0700

Robert Elz <address@hidden> writes:
>Date:        Sat, 07 Jun 2014 08:50:33 -0700
>From:        address@hidden
>
>| I would have to list the headers that I don't want to see, rather than the
>| headers that I do want to see.
>
>Ken told you how to avoid that, but I'd suggest keeping that default
>the way it is - while listing the headers you don't want, rather than
>the ones you do want seems like an unnecessary chore, it really is the
>better way.
>
>If you remove the "extras" entry from your mhl format file, you'll never
>see anything different or new - and probably never even be aware
>it exists.  On the other hand, if you don't, then every now and then
>(perhaps 2 or 3 times a year, realistically, after some initial setup)
>you get tired of seeing some new header that has become popular, but isn't
>useful to you, and you add it to the ignore list.   But when a new header
>appears that is useful, you see it, and then, if appropriate, can add it
>to your format file explicitly so you can control the way it is presented
>(or just leave it to be one of the extras output pretty much as it appears).

Well ... , you talked me into leaving the extras entry and explicitly listing
all the ignores. But, just after dealing with two Emails, one from Ken
Hornstein and one from a Gmail user, I now have 36 extra ignores. (I will
attach my mhl.headers file). I fear that I may get a maintenance headache.

    Norman Shapiro