Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile

From: okiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:26:03 +0200

Ken Hornstein wrote:
> Nmh uses file(1) to look into a file to determine what the MIME type is
> (if you're using a new enough version of file(1)).  Why did it think it
> was a netnews file?  Because of these lines in the magic(5) database:

If I try to attach my .mh_profile, the MIME type comes out as
application/x-symlink: it's a symlink because it makes it easier to
keep it under version control. Otherwise, the file contents are fully
expanded for the attachment. We should perhaps be adding the -L (or
--dereference) option in combination with --mime-type.

Oliver