Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate of nmh 1.6 now available

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] First release candidate of nmh 1.6 now available
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:45:06 -0400

ken wrote:
 > part       text/plain                 603
 > >FWIW, use of "env" in this way is a bit of a religious issue; some people
 > >think it's good and others say differently.
 >
 > Sigh.  I lack the energy to make a decision regarding this issue; if someone
 > wants to make a change and commit it (and thus take responsibility for it)
 > please feel free.
 >
 > I will note these scripts are in contrib, and at least one of the
 > perl ones (replyfilter) is designed to be copied into your own directory
 > and modified.

i've just pushed a runtime check to docs/contrib/ml to make it work
correctly on most shells, with slightly reduced functionality on
strict-posix /bin/sh variants.  (namely, the absence of the "read -n
N" feature.)  i'm leaving the #! line as /bin/bash, since that's how i
wrote and tested.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 49.3 degrees)