Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:31:59 -0400

> When I get a calendar request, I want to first "show" it.  Okay, that's
> easy to understand.  I could write something to take a text/calendar
> object and convert it to something more easily readable.

docs/README-iCalendar has a very crude setup using calcurse
to show what's in a calendar request.  I don't use calcurse
for anything else, but I've found that to be useful enough.

> But the NEXT thing I want to do is store it to my calendar.
> [...]
> The real issue to me is ... what is this operation?  It's
> not a "store", because to me a "store" is just saving the
> file.  A "process"?  A different kind of "show"?  Not sure
> just yet.

"save", or better, use an MH-style abbreviation of "save[tocalendar]"?

> Replying is it's own thing.  Most text content, you want to quote
> back as part of the reply.  A calendar entry you want to reply to
> saying you either accept or reject the request.

A calendar reply (accept, decline, etc.) has just a few
changes from the request, so the mechanics of that shouldn't
be difficult.