Re: [Nmh-workers] tweak to mhn.defaults.sh before 1.6?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] tweak to mhn.defaults.sh before 1.6?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:25:13 -0400

Jerrad wrote:

> mhn.defaults.sh checks for the presence of lynx before elinks.
> It seems as though it should check for the availability of
> more modern tools before falling back to old standbys, and that
> they ought to be reversed.

mhn.defaults.sh looks for w3m, not elinks, for
mhshow-show-text/html.  I can see favoring w3m over lynx.  But
I'd prefer lynx over elinks because elinks doesn't have a
way (that I can see) to tell it the charset of the content.

> This would also solve the problem for me on some systems where
> lynx is symlinked to elinked, and mhshow fails due to
> incompatible switches.

That isn't a problem that nmh should try to fix.

Your profile takes precedence over mhn.defaults, so it would
be best to customize things there.

> (This was not a problem until I recently upgrade from 1.3)

I can't explain that.  The 1.3 mhn.defaults.sh only looked
for lynx.