Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.0 release date

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.0 release date
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:49:14 -0500

>Anyone recall when 1.0 was released?

According to the revision logs:

% git log nmh-1_0
commit 2fea01738af4f89020a3cf3eb8ba87ba7e751874
Author: Dan Harkless <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue May 9 03:58:04 2000 +0000

    For reasons explained better elsewhere (e.g. Attic/README.developers), the
    version history for this file got lost.  Recreating it.  This version is
from
    1998-05-08 -- it's the original nmh-1.0 version.

Seems reasonable to me.  Although the mail archives list that as the release
date for nmh-0.25.  There's a gap on mhonarc.org in the mail archives for
nmh-workers, so I don't know if there ever was a real 1.0 release.  People
seem to mention 1.0.4 a lot.  Based on the log messages from commit
4fdb8114b2b3b50182e744c68d76b0406daa7dce, it looks like Dan Harkless went
back and synthesized some releases based on the original numbering scheme
that Richard Coleman used, but my memory is hazy.  Dan, do you remember
what was going on there?  Also, does anyone have any of the messages to
fill the gap in at mhonarc.org in the nmh-workers archive?