Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences

From: Jerrad Pierce
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:40:27 -0500

>Of course, if you want to CALL mark inside of a hook, then all bets are
>off :-)  I'm unclear how we can make that better.  I will note that rcvstore
>can add messages to specific sequences, and there was a deprecated feature

Nice! If that happens after add-hook we're 90% there.
The only problem is in this use case rcvstore is being called by slocal,
so how do you tell rcvstore what -sequence is?

Actually, from a cursory review of folder_addmsg, it looks like moving

        if (unseen) {
            set_unseen (mp, msgnum);
        }

to after the hook invocation should clear things right up...
thus nmh commands can act on the being-added message without altering
its sequence status. I might have to make that tweak and see.