Re: [Nmh-workers] tmp file cleanup

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] tmp file cleanup
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:57:47 -0800

On Jan 19, 2014, at 6:24 PM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:

> And the nmh(7) man page supports it:
>
>    If it is ü.ý or ü..ý, or starts with ü./ý or
>   ü../ý, then it's relative to the current working directory.
>
> and has an example:
>
>    refile @../done refiles  to $HOME/Mail/work/done, if the current
>                    folder is +work/todo

I don't think that's quite the same thing as allowing for relative paths in a
core profile setting.  Well, maybe it is.  As I said earlier, I would need to
work out some explicit examples of how it could be used.

But my underlying concern with allowing a relative mhpath surrounds taking
advantage of $HOME leakage/confusion in the event you managed to get something
to call an MH command with elevated privileges.  I.e. $HOME !=
getpwuid(geteuid())->pw_dir.  With absolute paths, this is never an issue.

--lyndon