Re: [Nmh-workers] Non-attachment related request

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Non-attachment related request
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:38:04 -0500

Jon wrote:

> Don't know if anybody knows why this happens or cares enough to fix it,
> but every once in a while I have to go into my Mail directory and remove
> piles of mhshow and post temporary files.  Would probably better to put
> these into /tmp where they would automatically be cleaned up by regular
> automatic system maintenance.

I wonder why you have piles of those files, esp. from mhshow?
Do you kill it rather than let it terminate gracefully?  In
any case, that should be fixed.

And post should only leave droppings when it fails.

The nmh-storage profile component can be set to put some,
but maybe not all, tmp files whereever you specify, see
mhstore(1).  But it will have the possibly undesired, in
this case, effect of causing mhstore to write its files in
the same directory.  Instead of using nmh-storage for tmp
files, maybe we should use MHTMPDIR/TMPDIR/TMP?