Re: [Nmh-workers] x-unix-mode MIME parameter?

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] x-unix-mode MIME parameter?
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 19:17:01 -0800

David Levine writes:
> Ken wrote:
>
> > So I think people know I've been working on the attach stuff, as part of
> > the "always running mhbuild so we don't send out invalid messages all of
> > the time" problem.  As part of this, I've noticed that when you run
> > "attach" with -attachformat 0, you get a x-unix-mode MIME parameter.
> > My question is: why?
>
> Jon did it that way originally, I don't know why.  I needed
> a different format, with a Content-Disposition.  When I created
> that, I dropped the x-unix-mode.
>
> Fine with me if we want to drop -attachformat support.
>
> David

I'm embarassed to say that I don't remember why I did that.  I think that
it was because I looked at attachment headerss in emails that I received,
maybe even some created by mhbuild, and they had it.  I didn't do the
-attachformat stuff, someone else did and I have never used it so wouldn't
notice if it went away.

Jon