Re: [Nmh-workers] OpenBSD added to the buildbot cluster

From: Anthony J. Bentley
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] OpenBSD added to the buildbot cluster
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:17:33 -0700

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lyndon wrote:
>
>> I have added an OpenBSD 5.4 (amd64) buildbot slave to the mix.
>>
>> Their auto{conf,make}s require some environment variables be set to
>> pick which version of the tools to run under the hood. For now I
>> have wired a hack into autogen.sh, but a better solution is
>> required.
>
> Cool!
>
> test-manpages fails because of a slew of these:
>
>   man8/post.8:1: warning: unbalanced .el request
>
> Any ideas?

OpenBSD (and NetBSD and Minix) use mandoc instead of groff for
formatting manpages: http://mdocml.bsd.lv

Mandoc aspires to be bug-compatible with groff, but is not yet
perfect, especially with man macros (as opposed to mdoc macros).

The OpenBSD ports framework has an option for individual packages to
use groff instead, and nmh is one of them. I don't know how this
buildbot works but you might consider using the OpenBSD nmh package as
a base. This would also handle the autoconf versioning automatically.

> Also, any ideas on how to squelch these:
>
>   warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
>
> Based on a very quick web search, it looks like they're from the
> linker and there's no easy way.  We could filter them out of the
> linker output.

Yes, these are local changes in the linker. I don't know of any way to
disable them.

--
Anthony J. Bentley