Re: [Nmh-workers] mojibake in UTF-8 encoded quoted-printable messages

From: Joel Uckelman
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mojibake in UTF-8 encoded quoted-printable messages
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:05:14 -0700

Thus spake Ralph Corderoy:
> Perhaps see if you can get `lynx -dump' as specified in your
> ~/.mh_profile to give correct output on a HTML file you create, feeding
> the output to cat one time and less another.

If I add "-assume_charset=UTF-8" as an option for lynx, both the HTML
written by mhstore and what I see with mhshow are fine.

So, this solves my immediate problem with these two messages:

mhshow-show-text/html: %p/usr/bin/lynx -assume_charset=UTF-8 -force_html -dump
'%f' | less

The problem with that is that the HTML being sent to lynx might not be
in a UTF-8 compatible encoding. It would be helpful if there were an %e
placeholder which contained the encoding name, so that one could
correctly do:

mhshow-show-text/html: %p/usr/bin/lynx -assume_charset=%e -force_html -dump
'%f' | less

--
J.