Re: [Nmh-workers] base64 and text parts

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] base64 and text parts
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:54:51 -0400

Ken wrote:

> While we will never encode text parts with base64
> (although that might change in the future), I also think
> we get them wrong on display or storing.  Does everyone
> agree that text parts encoded in base64 should be decoded
> and converted to Unix line conventions?  It looks like
> this would be as simple as never outputting a CR when
> decoding a text part.

I just tried viewing a text file with no CRs on Windows.  It
worked with "type", but "more" couldn't handle it:  it just
output a question mark for each line.  Cygwin tools mask
that behavior.

Should we care about that?  I think that a user would have to
really try to get into trouble.  But if we don't accomodate
them, we should note that in the documentation.