Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 00:59:07 -0400

>1) grep.  ( I also want the base64, and quoted printable removed...)

We _do_ have pick, and it even decodes encoded headers now.

>2) I think that mh-e uses the files directly, but I could be wrong.

I was under the vague impression that mh-e is doing some kind of MIME
parsing now ... I would think in this day and age it would have to.

>3) active vs passive data.

Don't know what this means.

However, one thing does occur to me.  When working on replyfilter, I
discovered that a reasonable algorithm to detect what you're calling
format=fakeflowed is to look for quoted-printable text; if you find it,
then you generally can reflow it without any problems.

The only people I've found who this doesn't work for is Norm and Lyndon;
both of their emails have lines >78 characters, but they're not encoded
as q-p.  Norm, I understand why.  Lyndon, however, I'm puzzled about;
according to his headers he's using Apple Mail, and other people I get
Apple Mail messages from show up using quoted-printable (also, just
tested that myself; the messages are all q-p).  Something I don't quite
understand just yet.