Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:35:05 -0700

On 2013-10-16, at 1:09 PM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> But let's say you have some source code you want
> put in your draft; you probably don't want to have that set to reflow.
> So how do you indicate that?  Something like mhbuild directives?  Just
> thinking out loud here; what do others want to see?

My initial hunch would be a combination of directives as you describe, and
preserving the line boundaries of any text lines entered with leading
whitespace (in the case where flowed is the default).

Any text files attached or inlined by directive would be format-preserved by
default.  Whether to flow user-entered text would be a preference setting.
That default would have to remain non-flowed so as not to break
existing external software that uses comp and friends.

I will try to get in a bit of time reviewing the code to see how this might
work, but no promises.

--lyndon