Re: [Nmh-workers] Inability to cat a Message Part.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Inability to cat a Message Part.
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:52:43 +0100

Hi David,

> I quickly prototyped an -outfile switch to mhstore, let me
> know if you want me to finish it up and add it.

I think ~/bin/mhcat linked to mhstore might do me, thanks.

> > One annoyance is mhstore/mhcat chucking `storing message 42 part 2 to
> > stdout' on stderr.  I've tried -noverbose mentioned in the manual but it
> > has no effect and is apparently the default anyway.  How does one shut
> > it up?
>
> One cannot :-/

Is there anything that is currently controlled by -[no]verbose for
mhstore?  The `storing' message would seem to be verbose to my eyes.

> Though with mhstore -outfile - 2>/dev/null, that's not necessary.

True, though I dislike discarding the known unknowns so tend to do more

    pick ... 2> >(sed '/^pick: no messages match specification$/d')

to explicitly remove the known knowns.  :-)