Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:39:13 -0400

Martin wrote:

>       I am probably just setting up .mailfilter wrong, but so
> far, it doesn't seem to understand that it should behave in an
> mh way. It wants to put mail in a .mbox format in just about any
> directory except $HOME/Mail/folder/message# in the normal mh
> style.

It looks like maildrop can feed a pipe.  So, how about
relying on rcvstore(1) to put a message in a folder, e.g.,

  to "| <full path to>/lib/rcvstore +<folder>"

With the current nmh codebase, rcvstore takes care of
locking.  It looks like maildrop can, too, but it would have
to be explicit and exactly match the locking style that nmh
uses.