Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:03:48 -0400

>32-bit Linux is ILP32, 64-bit Linux is LP64.

Fair enough; just wanted to be clear on that point.

>Though I understand the desire to not stop working, I think
>the current behavior is the worst choice.  There should at least
>be warning (admonish(), even though Norm doesn't like them) messages.

Sounds reasonable; I'm willing to put an admonish() in there.  That lets
things continue but warns the user that something bad is happening.  Sounds
like a reasonable compromise.

>And then there's the 60 or so adios() calls in sbr/.  Really, all of
>this should be revisited but I expect no one here has the time now.
>In the meantime, adding another warning message to sbr seems like a
>big net positive to me.

Yeah, I know what you mean ... solving THAT mess is going to be a long-term
headache.  But one thing at a time.