Re: [Nmh-workers] configure --prefix problem with whatnow/post

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] configure --prefix problem with whatnow/post
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:09:20 -0400

>I configured and compiled with --prefix /usr/local
>and things worked fine. Unfortunately, the whatnow
>prompt reports the following when I try to send:
>  unable to exec /usr/local/nmh/lib/post: No such file or directory
>
>post is installed in /usr/local/lib/ as per my
>configure...

Is it possible you have something in your .mh_profile for postproc?
Or did you maybe have a dirty tree around?  It's possible we got the
dependencies wrong there, and if you just did a configure with a new
prefix in an old tree the right stuff wasn't rebuilt.  If you still have
your tree around, you could do a strings on config/config.o to see what
is in there (that's where the postproc variable is stored).

The code that did the exec() codepath was revamped by me as part of the
argsplit() changes, but I don't see anything that could have made it get
completely wrong pathname like this.