Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:12:06 -0400

>> AFAICT, if you reread the sequences file, that will solve that
>> problem.  I cannot think of a scenario when it does not; can
>> you think of one that doing that will fail?
>
>Not off hand, but I can't get beyond "merge conflict".

Maybe you're thinking of it wrong.

We have message N.  For each sequence, there is 1 bit of information:
is it on this sequence?

Now think about nmh operations: do we ever get into a situation where one
command wants to add a message to a sequence, and another command
wants to _remove_ the same message from the same sequence?  That's really
the only possible "merge conflict" we're talking about here.