Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:19:40 +0000

Hi David,

> Tet wrote:
> > >
> > >`through'!  ;-)
> >
> > If we're being picky about it, 'to'! :-)
>
> That was a copy and paste from one of the four other man pages that
> has "thru".  I'll change them all to "to", though my American English
> upbringing might suggest "through".

My English English upbringing would use `to' but sometimes like
`...inclusive' where there's ambiguity;  clearly not needed here.  It
seems exposure to American has had me take `through' as inclusive and
the Usage note at
http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/inclusive agrees.
I'm only pointing this out because I was unsure, benefits of a British
state education, went off to find out, and thought it may interest
others.  :-)