Re: [Nmh-workers] charsets

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] charsets
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 12:22:54 -0500

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 22:05:21 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

> I'm not such in favor of that part.  I'm probably going to implement
> better multipart/signed and multipart/encrypted support, and keeping
> around the original message would be a requirement for that.

Actually, you don't need the *original* message for that, you need the
*canonical* form that signatures are computed across.  I'd have to check
exactly what S/MIME wants, but for GPG, if you saved the "original" that has
Q-P encoding, you have to un-Q-P it each time you want to verify the signature.