[Nmh-workers] Buildbot Futures

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Buildbot Futures
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:07:08 -0800

It seems this stuff is useful.  Is it useful enough to set up permanent
infrastructure?

Running the master is trivial; I have no problem with maintaining that.

The build slaves are the issue.  The current build cluster is a lash-up of gear
I have quick access too.  If we're going to make this permanent we need to come
up with some dedicated resources for the build machines.

If there's an interest in moving forward, I will publish a (short) spec for
what's involved.

This will require dedication of (at least virtual) hardware resources. Right
now a big chunk of this is running inside VMs on my Macbook.  If I pull the
plug and go sailing ...

--lyndon