Re: [Nmh-workers] Redoing argument processing

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Redoing argument processing
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:14:17 -0500

>If people need 'less -aics', they can create $HOME/lib/mh-less and stuff
>that into the appropriate MH configuration location.  Re-inventing
>shell command line parsing is an exercise in security holes, let alone
>frustration.

Hm.  I guess I was thinking that this isn't re-inventing shell parsing
so much as using the shell for parsing; if we were reimplementing even
a subset of shell parsing I'd maybe agree with you, but I don't think
that's the case.  And really, we're doing the same thing system() is
doing; I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a moreproc of "less
-aics" to work.  Or even a moreproc of "~/bin/myless" to work.