Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: argument processing

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: argument processing
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 00:54:43 +0000

Hi Ken,

> It occurs to me that it would be simple to add an extra element to the
> struct swit that included the value to return, so these things could
> be automatically indexed via enum (or whatever).  In other words, the
> above code would convert to:
>
> enum { AUDSW, NAUDSW, CHGSW, NCHGSW, };
> static struct swit switches[] = {
>     { "audit audit-file", 0, AUDSW },
>     { "noaudit", 0, NAUDSW},
>     { "changecur", 0, CHGSW },
>     { "nochangecur", 0, NCHGSW },
>
> And the rest of the code would work normally.  Thoughts?

If the new struct member is always going to run from 0 without gaps, I
assume so since the current return value is an index into switches, then
it needn't be there?  Continue to return the index.  Then just have the
enum instead of the #defines to remove the need to maintain the values.
(Though with vim's Ctrl-A in normal, AKA command, mode I don't find it
much of a pain.)