Re: [Nmh-workers] continuing...

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] continuing...
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:10:15 -0500

Norm wrote:

> David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > continuing...
>
> This occurs in a number of nmh error messages.

About 90 of them :-/  It's pasted on to the end of warning
("admonish") messages.

> I am usually puzzled by what it means. What will the situation be
> when the dust settles? What will nmh do about the errant messages or
> other entities?

Good questions.  In this case (erroneous Content-Transfer-Encoding
in a multipart message), nmh skips the current message and
moves on to the next one.  That might be considered useful
when showing multiple messages.  Though I could see treating
this particular warning as an error instead, therefore
exiting instead of continuing.

I wouldn't change that globally:  each warning would need to
be studied before changing.

> May I suggest that whenever somebody has occasion to edit such a
> message he try to make it more explicit.

Suggestions welcome, esp. for this case.