Re: [Nmh-workers] A Call For Pre-nmh MH Documentation

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] A Call For Pre-nmh MH Documentation
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:33:08 -0800

Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Folks, I'm looking to put together a consolidation of MH documentation from
> the dark ages.  I know there are papers that have been lost along the way
> (e.g. from the pre-version-6 tapes), release notes, etc.  Even better would
> be a record of source code commits/comments from the MH development era.
>
> If you have anything even remotely related to the development of MH, please
> send me a note describing what you have.
>
> I am especially interested in mag tape archives.  If we can collect enough of
> these, it might be possible to piece together the basics of a hierarchical
> SCM repository.
>
> Please forward this message along to anyone you think might have material
> worth saving.
>
> The archive will be publicly accessible from orthanc.ca.

Hi Lyndon,

Jerry and I spent a lot of time archiving everything we had onto
rand-mh.sourceforge.net. It goes back to MH 5. I think it would be
better to keep it all together and put anything you find there. We don't
have the CVS record, so that would be a valuable addition.

The SourceForge project is at:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/rand-mh/

and the files are kept here:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/rand-mh/files/?source=navbar

Depending on what you find, one of the existing folders might be
appropriate or we can create a new one.

I'd be happy to give you write access.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>