Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:15:03 -0500

    Ken> I'm wondering what happens if you run "mhshow" on that message
    Ken> outside of
    Ken> MH-E.  Also ... are you running in a UTF-8 locale, or
    Ken> ISO-8859-1?  If the
    Ken> former, I expect the issue there is part of the tools are
    Ken> assuming that
    Ken> you can handle UTF-8 just fine, but clearly Xemacs cannot.

Somewhere I have a setting that causes mhshow to start an xterm in UTF-8
locale. It fails miserably when I'm ssh'ed in from my tablet, which
doesn't run X.

obiwan-[~] mcr 3690 %echo $LANG
obiwan-[~] mcr 3691 %env | grep LC
LC_TIME=en_DK
LC_ALL=C

(en_DK gets the dates sane YYYY-MM-DD, while still being english.
glibc en_CA fails to observe proper ISO8806 or whatever it was, date
format)

] address@hidden http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.